Anime RP R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VR Battlenet

3 posters

Go down

VR Battlenet Empty VR Battlenet

Post by Zoprxki Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Since GW2 is a bit boring to me(my fave race hasn't been added yet), I'm gonna try to bring this series back.
------
Run-Down On the Setting
------
To recap, VR Battlenet takes place in a fictitious Sandbox-style MMO of the same name with the assumption that is has a bit of all genres in it. World are scaled to be the size of actual worlds with no limitations on where you can go in them, PVP is restricted to structured environments such as arenas and battlefields, and there is interplanetary travel which works different ways depending on your class. If you're part of a medieval group of players, portals are used for interplanetary travel and if not, you're going to use some sort of sci-fi vessel to travel through space.

In order to not make the game seem scatter-brained, players can choose to play with players of the same type (Barbaric, Modern, or Sci-fi), or they can play in a diversified server where the "theme" is not as important. There are no party roles, as all the classes be specialized to tank, support, or DPS in their own ways. Players can change their class by paying an expensive sum of the in-game currency to a certain type of NPC.
------

This thread is going to be a more organized method of compiling a list of classes, basically. I'd like all participants to make up a character class that isn't over powered and that they will be using for their main character. Be sure to make a description for your class as well, should include the roles they can play, equipable weapons, and the armor(s) they can wear. Everyone's free to/SHOULD suggest story ideas.

How the story is gonna work:

Usually in stories there is a "leader" character, normally the person-who-started-the-thread's character. I don't want that happening here. There will obviously be a sort of leader character, but in the story everyone's characters can should eventually bring up a problem or a task that everyone could be doing instead of idling around doing nothing. Of course a change in plot can't be done when we're going through a plot another poster formulated cuz that'd be stupid.

As a(n) cop-out example, my character will be an explorer-type who will act as a 'filler'. All of my objectives will be to simply ransack a "dungeon" for artifacts that sell for a pretty penny, or to explore a planet to see if any raw/crafting materials can be found to make new, useful items.

Still debating on whether this should be a comprehensive RP where we have stats and stuff, or if we should just RP the normal way. Let's do a vote on that.
------
Prototype Character Sheet (this thing isn't very comprehensive since we dunno what kind of story we're doing yet)
------
Code:
[b][u]Name:[/u][/b]

[u][b]Role and Class:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Character Description/Pic:[/b][/u]
------
Mine

Name: Proxzki (I use this in any game I play, so no reason to vary here)

Role and Class: Offtank-Support Wanderer

Character Description/Pic: I'll add this later. Not too important and it's gonna be too comprehensive to bother with at the moment.
-------

Class List:

Wanderer - A class created for those who just want immersion in their game. Their skill set is optimized for survivability so they and their party can explore for a long time before finally dying. Typically either a support or tank role is used by this group of players. Their income is made by salvaging, mapping unknown regions, and selling artifacts. They can only wear cloth and light armor, which makes them a high skill-cap tanking class. Equipable weapons are one handed melee and ranged weapons and items and light two handed ranged weapons.

Last edited by Proxzki on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

VR Battlenet Empty Re: VR Battlenet

Post by Zephyr Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:01 pm

mind if I use explorer? irhappy
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:06 pm

yeah go ahead
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:09 pm

actually nevermind, I guess wanderer pretty much covers that. Wizard/spellcaster? or battlemage..
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Name: Captain Ven "Cap'n" Murdoch

Role and Class: starship captain, space pirate. Armed with laser pistol. captains a "commandeered" blockade runner ship called the "Starborn"

Character Description/Pic: short, dark hair, wears a white shirt with black pants, (with gun holster&effects) and a greyish-blue captain's coat
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razorshell Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Name:Calvin

Role and Class: Hunter Melee and Ranged fighter. Uses a bow for ranged attacks and for melee he has a laser sword and his partner Blazeclaw the drago bear. Blazeclaw is about the size of a black bear with large draconic wings. He's covered is black scales and has two saber like fangs on the sides of its mouth.

Character Description/Pic:
Coppery hair green eyes wear a fire proof hide uniform Black like Blazeclaw. Has a quiver for his arrows and a sheath for his laser sword on his belt of fangs.
Razorshell
Razorshell
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum