Anime RP R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle-Rig(working title)

3 posters

Go down

Battle-Rig(working title) Empty Battle-Rig(working title)

Post by Zephyr Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:38 pm

re-posting a transcript of what I pitched to wiggles 

it's set in a sci-fi world where these specially-skilled fighters use these things called Battle-Rigs, which are special suits that mechanically augment their abilities, and give them unique weapons

for instance, one of my characters would have a rig that has a spike chain launcher, so he'd be like spiderman and spawn. He'd use the chains to strike into enemies, and throw them around, grapple up to places, and he can also use them as whips

another idea I had would be a rig that had a sword and shield, and the shield could be mounted onto the sword to form a sort of battleaxe thing that can create explosions when struck into the ground

Now onto further musings: 

the story would center around a war against an..."alien" race that's hell-bent on destroying humanity. It'll also deal with a small rebel group fighting what they view as the oppressive human regime. 

If people are interested, I'll expand on these ideas more
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Battle-Rig(working title) Empty Re: Battle-Rig(working title)

Post by Zephyr Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:42 pm

The humans are at war with the Necrommid, a race of humanoid creatures composed of pinkish flesh with natural chitin armor. The closest comparison I think could be the Hive from Destiny. Necrommid and Humankind have been at war for decades, and the humans have been driven back to Earth, all their settlements made across the solar system taken over by their enemies. 

Only recently have the humans developed the battle rig, a suit that made a soldier into a one-man battalion. The suit allows the wearer to wield a weapon with devastating firepower, things that would be too heavy or complex for regular troops to carry. It also makes them insanely resilient to damage, especially the plasma-based firepower favored by the necrommid. 

The weapons wielded by the battle rig soldiers suit their personal combat skills,  be it traditional firearms, or more specialized weaponry such as swords or battle axes, of course given an edge to be viable in modern combat.
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:28 am

Not really sure I'm interested, but I'd go with a rig that has a huge spiked ball on a super long chain that came out of the left arm.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Razorshell Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:13 am

Are Aliens allowed or maybe mutants?
Razorshell
Razorshell
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down