Anime RP R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Massetiah (steam punk airship exploration)

4 posters

Go down

Adventures in Massetiah (steam punk airship exploration) Empty Adventures in Massetiah (steam punk airship exploration)

Post by Zephyr Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:09 pm

So this is the story thread for my upcoming story, Adventures in Massetiah. Massetiah is a fantastical world filled with many wondrous sites, creatures, and peoples. The story will focus on a crew of explorers aboard the airship Zephyr, a small exploration vessel as they go around the world, documenting new discoveries and having adventures. The crew is made up of Royalis, the humans of this world. From their province of Veridan in the north pole (a nation on the north pole, enclosed by an impassible mountain range, and warmed by underground volcanic hot springs, it's a lush forest nation in the midst of the arctic cold, and until recently, has been closed off from the rest of the world when advances in airship technology has made travel possible). Their chief mission is to explore the new world, and represent the Royalis race.

There are roles that need to be filled by our characters, ofc. And I'll be taking the roles of captain and navigator for mine. Others include engineer, cook, doctor, hunter/gunner, etc. 

any questions, concerns, comments? I'll be more than happy to answer any worldbuilding questions you guys have
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Massetiah (steam punk airship exploration) Empty Re: Adventures in Massetiah (steam punk airship exploration)

Post by Razorshell Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:34 pm

I wanna have a clockwork creature creator.
Razorshell
Razorshell
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Massetiah (steam punk airship exploration) Empty Re: Adventures in Massetiah (steam punk airship exploration)

Post by Darth Wiggles Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:00 pm

hunter/gunner
before I forget
Darth Wiggles
Darth Wiggles
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:26 pm

And I'll be the doctor.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Razor - I actually really like that idea, go for it, but try to keep it humanoid

Wigs - You can give your char a bow/arrow, crossbow, or any type of steam punky weapon gadget thing you think would be cool

arc - keep in mind victorian-era level of medicine, but there are like herbs and shit with advanced medical properties
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Name: 
Class: (their role on the ship) 
Gear: (their items/tools/weapons they use regularly)
Hairstyle/color: 
Skin tone:
Basic Appearance:
Clothing:
Personality: 
Background:

Name: Scarlet LaShelle
Class: Captain
Gear: Miniature spyglass, an officer's cutlass with a golden hilt
Hairstyle/color: Long curly red hair
Skin tone: Pale
Basic Appearance: Tall, slender, freckled. A fair bit of muscle tone
Clothing: White blouse with a mahogany corset, and a long black overcoat. Dark green tight pants and black knee-high boots
Personality: Confident, fierce, and intelligent. Is suited for more militaristic leadership roles, but time will tell if she can handle a more peaceful, scientific role. 
Background: Comes from a prestigious family of captains and other military leaders, and was personally assigned to the Zephyr by the Queen, when Scarlet was straight out of the Royal Academy.

Name: Gerard Vale
Class: Navigator/pilot
Gear: spyglass, compass, pocketwatch, maps(one of Veridan, the rest are blank), scribing tools, and a rope, all kept in his trusty satchel 
Hairstyle/color: Short brown, wavy/windswept hair
Skin tone: Fair, a bit tanned
Basic Appearance: Lanky, skinny, but mildly handsome.
Clothing: A cream-colored shirt under a dark green vest, and brown slacks with black boots.
Personality: Mild-mannered, but naturally curious, intelligent, and adventurous. He is extremely excited to leave Veridan and begin his task to explore and map the world. 
Background: Coming from a middle-class family, he earned his way into the Royal Academy by being the best and brightest in his primary school. From there his aptitude landed him a place as navigator on the Zephyr, much to his parents' pride. 

Now the Royal Academy is the most prestigious university in Veridan, training the province's elite working class, and now most importantly, training members of the Royal Airship Navy, a corps of bright scientists and bold explorers eager to begin exploring the new world. Your characters don't have to be from the Academy, they can either be grizzled veterans or starry-eyed newbies.
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:22 pm

Well of course, Victorian-era medicine. I don't imagine we'd be running into very many situations calling for much medicine though.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:46 pm

eh, you'd be surprised. angry natives, hungry predators, devious traps, this shit's dangerous
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:28 am

well these are the people that prescribed cocaine to children for toothaches though.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:40 am

yeah I'm gonna make it so that the doctors of Veridan are smarter than that lol
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:19 am

lol, yeah, I'd agree.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Name: Lydia Burke
Class: Doctor
Gear: Medical bag of first aid kit stuff plus a scalpel kit, surgeon saw and an assortment of tonics as well as painkillers like hard liquor, a specialized pair of spectacles with multiple lenses, a head reflector(though she doesn't wear this all the time), and a stethoscope as well as a pair of wire frame spectacles that she always wears
Hairstyle/color: It's of medium-long length, wavy brown and often in an updo when she does her work, but it's usually down and over her right shoulder when she's not at work or is currently at leisure
Basic appearance: Of average height and relatively curvy with a modest bust size and rather pale complesxion
Clothing: A long navy blue dress with a layered skirt, high collar, and petticoats with a coffee brown corset and a white labcoat over top and mahogany brown heeled shoes with high ankles
Personality: She is a very caring individual, as anyone in her profession should be, also highly curious of the world around her and always eager to explore when she isn't reading books on medicine or anatomy.
Background: Comes from a reasonably well off well-to-do family and has studied at a well known medical school, graduating as valedictorian of her graduating class with top honors that quickly earned her her place on the Zephyr as its doctor.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Wiggles Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:03 pm

before I forget later on, I might go for an engineer too
Darth Wiggles
Darth Wiggles
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Wiggles Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:32 pm

Name: Alex Birkin
Class: Gunner/Hunter
Gear: N/A
Hairstyle/color: Shoulder-length, wavy brown hair
Skin tone: Slight tan
Basic Appearance: Curvy
Clothing: Dark shirt with brown leather vest, black pants and boots
Personality: Carefree and fun-loving, loves music
Background:
Darth Wiggles
Darth Wiggles
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down