Anime RP R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pairing Story...and a concept.

3 posters

Go down

Pairing Story...and a concept. Empty Pairing Story...and a concept.

Post by Zoprxki Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:15 am

So, we always hope that when we make a new story, the setting'll be good enough to keep our interest like Lore used to. Unfortunately, we like to have multiple people in a story for character variation, so we take a risk when making a completely new story where people have invested character profiles and such in, and where there are new antagonists and enemy factions and such(not that our stories usually include factions, strangely enough).

Anyway, I propose if we're unsure of a setting, we field test it in the form of a pairing story, OR at least a 1-on-1 story where the lowest number of participants is needed. I mean, we can imagine and theorize how good a setting will be in a storyboard thread, but often the execution will be different than what we might have been expecting. Also, a 1-on-1/Pairing story could be a great way to populate said world by naming towns, routes, etc. We could take it a step further and use pairing stories to create friendships rather than romances, pairing being used more loosely as a friendship/history story. This way character have established themselves with another character, and our stories won't just be a bunch of strangers and/or their relatives meeting up and kicking ass.

Just an idea.
-----------------
Soooo, I've had this idea for a futuristic Lore for a long time now. One that I think would better fit me and Arc's characters(not necessarily the whole cast...though Wiggles' characters dress modernly as well, so they might fit), who I think simply don't fit in right with the setting AQ/AE made. I wanted to test it out, so I decided to do something we scarely touch nowadays: a Yaoi story! Very Happy Yez Arc, I'm calling you out, ofc.

The setting is quite far in the future, but it retains medieval elements. Why? Because guns have become highly destructive forces to be reckoned with at this point. Is it Lore? Yes. In the same way Lore:Reboot is like Lore. Although it would have throwbacks to old characters, some of these characters still residing in the world, though they would be hanging back and doing nothing, really. Also, this would give Arc more chances to use Run, who has gotten so little screen time despite how awesome she is.

I was thinking this would involve Mellow and Zera. No, not that Zera, more like a pseudo-reincarnation of Zera, named Aquila. Nothing special about him...at least for the time period. At this point in Lore's timeline it would be odd for someone NOT to have a cybernetic augmentation, which if this were a public story, would be a key feature. Also idk how Mellow's life expectancy works with him being a deity or related to deities or whatever, so if he died at some point he can just be reincarnated or something, w/e.

Weapons Include:

High-Frequency Blades, which vibrate so slightly it is almost unnoticeable aside from a low humming sound, but vibrate so rapidly they generate enough heat/friction to cut through almost anything. These can be applied to any blade-oriented weapon, including scythes. Expensive to create, requires a license to use, normally given to Royal Guard or Special Operations soldiers/knights. Can be obtained through the black market though.

Laser Blades/Energy Swords, which come in a variety of forms and colors. Basic, standard equipment. Weaker versions are sold for home defense.

Combat Skeletons Use is limited to those who are trusted by aristocrats to guard them, but this kind of weapon is only given to those who have some VERY questionable things that require immense devotion-- to the point of being almost blindly loyal. These are examples of experimental, new technology. Like anything else, these can be bought from the black market, but aspiring users need their skeletons to be extensively modified before they can use the "armor". The weapons mounted on the armor vary, though are usually blades. Can support guns, though. Notably, Aquila is in possession of one...though he really needs it, considering he is part of the Royal Guard. So as not to be in the way, it has a dormant state where it hides beneath the skin, and the user looks more or less normal in appearance.

[WIP - Will Update Tomorrow]

Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Pairing Story...and a concept. Empty Re: Pairing Story...and a concept.

Post by Arcus Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 am

So in otherwords. This'll be like Metal Gear Rising Revengeance! Very Happy
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 am

lol. I took the vibrating sword from the game, yeah. But that's it. The combat skeleton might sound like the cyborg ninja armor, but it's more like a hybrid between that and Nu-13's armor.

Last edited by Proxzki on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:16 am

I see. Sounds reasonable.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:26 am

Not that this matters much. I wanted to have Aquila go rogue at some point, shedding or re-purposing his armor. Say that Magic had been outlawed so long ago most people forgot it existed aside from great grand parents, perhaps. There are underground orders that still practice it though. Yes, the ruling King and Queen are tyrants, but their people aren't really suffering for it. It's more like magic users are suffering. Infiltration and purges are occurring without public knowledge in most places, though if sorcerers have to be brought within a city, they are just labelled as common criminals rather than rebels or anything severe enough to raise curiosity. Any ages advanced enough to be telepaths have brought some public awareness, though most of it is lost to those who don't understand the nature of magic, so mostly conspiracists think that magic is real and is being hidden from the world in general.

Aquila has already been communicated to in this way by Zera, though. How did Zera get captured? Raped the Queen. Yep, this is a case of the protagonist being related to the Queen, though no one really knows about that besides the Queen and people who are on the need-to-know. Most of the bio-weapon genes are inert with Aquila, but he has a high potential for magic. As the story progresses I want him to become a Red Mage-type class.

No idea how he'd meet Mellow though. I think most of the Lore cast should be wanted or incarcerated at the time of the story. Would give us more to do if this story picked up momentum and became a public story.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:29 am

I was thinking that maybe this Mellow could be a reincarnation of Mellow. he'll still use a yo-yo for a weapon and have vibrating dagger sub-weapons, other than that, I think he should at least some amount of cybernetic augmentations, probably a cybernetic eye or two that still look like regular eyes. Metal robotic ones just look weird to me.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:33 am

Yeah, only experimental stuff'll be actually robotic. Ironically, much of the technology used in this story will use mana-cores to power them. SO the society is hypocritical about its disdain for magic.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:35 am

Okay, that's cool.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Razorshell Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:51 pm

I like this so far.
Razorshell
Razorshell
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down