Anime RP R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerning an Amalgera Reboot

4 posters

Go down

Concerning an Amalgera Reboot Empty Concerning an Amalgera Reboot

Post by Arcus Fri May 24, 2013 7:17 am

Pix got me ta thinkin'!

I feel like the Amalgera Chronicles was a case of missed potential. Like it had a lot of potential to it, but the structure just wasn't sound. it wasn't where it should have been at its time of usage. Therefore, I propose a full series rehash. Throwing EVERYTHING out the window. This time, they're set in the Pokemon universe world like hundreds, maybe thousands of years from where it is now or maybe even a whole hypothetical thing that takes place now, i dunno. It seems like we're just rife with idea for other things instead of LINO.

Anyway, the pics wiggles posted of the pokemon special characters being of different RPG-type job classes made me think. Maybe this story could have functioned better if it used job classes and set skill developments instead of making a character, picking typing and then picking out a move list that could be as over powered as we wanted cuz there wasn't a limit on that crap. Now, i think we should still keep the typing, but only have it so that your type is only going to boost how effective your are in battle. Like say for example, you're a poison type and you're facing a grass type. In that case, you have a bit of an advantage, depending on what your job class is, what the opponent's job class is and what weapons you're using versus what weapons your opponent's using and so on. It sounds tedious, I'm sure, but I'm fairly certain that if we give this kind of shit a try, it'd make a for a pretty good story as far as the combat system to it goes. I'll try and sort this all out into legible context at the bottom of the post later.

As far as races are concerned, I dunno how we should handle races, if we are going to add races at all. I'll just leave this up to debate.

Shops, if you wanna keep them, sure, we'll try and figure out something to do with equipment and equipment costs through the various town and such.

For plots, I have no idea what we should do. i suppose we could debate on that. heck, i'm not even sure anyone even wants this anyway. I'm not sure I want this either. What i have, is like Skyrim really, got your ever-present moron team on one side and then like an empire on the other or whatever. i dunno.

job system:

The jobs are just gonna be based off what I saw.

Protector
Summoner("Stay away from the Summoner!")
Knight
White Mage/Cleric
Black Mage/Elementalist/Sorcerer/That fuckin' dude who casts lightning bolts and fire balls
Archer
Ninja
Thief
Samurai
Beastmaster/Shaman
Fighter

As far as abilities for each job is concerned, that could be up to debate as well.

So yeah. here's the pitch:

Role playing system:

Character set-up:

Player creates character and creates a typing and give the character a job class and suitable equipment.

Combat: In the event of a combat scenario, players don't use overpowered pokemon moves and these moves are instead limited to the use of a Beastmaster/Shaman. Typings will only effect the outcome of a battle only slightly, as most of the combat will be decided by equipment and ability-levels of each player and their opponent. In a type match scenario, the type of a player versus their opponent wil only give them so much of an upperhand in the battle.

Plot: Up to debate

Race handling: Up to debate

Job classes: Completely set!

Character class pics:

Samurai, Thief, knight, Cleric
http://www.zerochan.net/1525434

Ninja, Fighter
http://www.zerochan.net/1525437

Archer, Mage, Beastmaster
http://www.zerochan.net/1525438

Protector, Summoner
http://www.zerochan.net/1525440

And cuz Hilda. Screw the other guy. Gunner won't be a real class cuz, no guns in medieval times.
http://www.zerochan.net/1525441

Necessary: Who knows?

I couldn't sleep at all so at the time I'm writing this, i'm tired as fuck as I have stayed up all night.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Concerning an Amalgera Reboot Empty Re: Concerning an Amalgera Reboot

Post by Zephyr Sun May 26, 2013 5:09 pm

bio format:

Trainer Profile:
-name:
-appearance: (hair color/style, skin color, looks)
-clothing/accessories:
-class:
-weapons:
-personality:

Pokemon Team Profile:
First Pokemon:
-nickname:
-nature:
-moveset:
n+1 Pokemon: [having more Pokemon is completely optional, and totally up to you. Since Pokeballs haven't been invented yet, it's extremely difficult for trainers to care for and keep track of more than two or three Pokemon at a time, since they'd follow you on foot and everything. Typically, you'd only see trainers with 1 or 2 Pokemon, having any more requires a level of skill possessed by the Beastmaster class.]
-nickname:
-nature:
-moveset:

Also, since there's no Pokedex, either, there's no way to record levels and specific Pokemon strength. So I think we should just keep it generally scrublord for now, while gaining new moves as the story progresses. Generally meaning, there's a LOT of grey area, but don't make it overpowered.

Last edited by Captain_Outrageous on Mon May 27, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Mon May 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Trainer Profile:
-name: Jerro Dafen
-appearance: Dark blonde hair, pulled back in a short ponytail. Fair skin color, and..whatever face. Picture Errol Flynn or Johnny Depp or something, I don't give a fu-
-clothing/accessories: looks like Black's outfit in the above picture.
-class: Knight(more of a dashing swordsman, really)
-weapons: Rapier and dagger
-personality: he's a raconteur, debonair, and all-around lady's man. His motivations revolve around showing off, looking devilishly handsome, and flirting with women.

Pokemon Team Profile:
First Pokemon: Farfetch'd
-nickname: Rogue
-nature: Impish
-moveset: Aerial Ace, Peck, Leer, Swords Dance
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razorshell Tue May 28, 2013 12:02 am

Trainer profile
Name:Mark Darrio
Appearance:Black hair tanned skin green eyes tall.
Clothing: Hide shirt and pants with cloth boots and a leaf bandana.
Class: Beastmaster
Weapons: Ax and Bow and arrows.
Personality: Cares about his Pokemon and sees them as his allies and friends. Hates seeing any Pokemon mistreated and aims to help them.

Pokemon team Profile:
First Pokemon:Swablu
Nickname:Fluff
Nature: Jolly
Moveset:Gust Wing attack dragon dance sing

Second Pokemon: Tropius
Nickname: Fruit
Nature:Brave
Moveset: Razor leaf synthesis air cutter bullet seed.
Razorshell
Razorshell
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Tue May 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Trainer profile
Name: Nuwa Mou
Appearance: Long black hair that reaches her butt when down, the hair is cut straight across as the ends and the bangs are cut in the same way overlapping the brows. She also has two strands over hair at the sides of her head gathered in white hair tubes and hang over her chest. She also has soft brown eyes and fair skin that is slightly muscular but still very feminine.
Clothing: She wears a starch white martial arts uniform top and a black belt tied around her waist. She doesn't wear pants and instead wears silk ropes tied into panties. She wears wraps around her hands and feet and sometimes wears her hair in a ponytail, tying it with vines or whatever material she could make into a thread strong enough to hold her hair in place. Her breasts are also wrapped in a sarashi.(Which is to say, wrapped tightly in cloth wrappings)
Class: Fighter
Personality: Brave, strong determination, persistent in her goals, sort of a nudist, does not care for modesty.

Pokemon: Skarmory
Nickname: Lee
Nature: hardy
Moves: Peck, Swift, Agility, Fly

Trainer Profile
Name: ...........Just goes by the Black Mage.
Gender: Unknown. the features are obscured by the clothing.
Clothing: A large black witch hat and long black robe that is loose on the body and has a very high collar that obscures most of the face, leaving glaring orange eyes to peer from the shady face between the hat and collar. Also wears brown leather gloves and matching leather boots as well as a white pearl necklace with larger teal pearl in the center around the collar
Weapon: Wooden staff with a shepard's hook holding a lantern on the end
Class: black mage
Personality: Quiet, docile, friendly, but untrusting. Pokemon will seem naturally relaxed around the person for some odd reason.

Pokemon: Jolteon
Nickname: Arashi
Nature: Quiet
Move: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Sand Attack

Last edited by Arcus on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Wiggles Tue May 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Name: Maya Sera
Appearance: Soft golden eyes with long wavy green hair that goes all the way down to her ass. Fair skin, ample breasts, and lovely legs.
Clothes: Something like what Yellow wears
Class: White Mage
Weapon: Staff
Personality: Shy, quiet, somewhat timid and cowardly, but overall a sweet girl that cares about the well being of her party.

Pokemon: Espeon
Nickname: Sunny
Nature: Timid
Moves: Confusion, Reflect, Light Screen, Calm Mind
Darth Wiggles
Darth Wiggles
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content