Anime RP R Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LINO (not really, apparently) Story Planning Thread

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LINO (not really, apparently) Story Planning Thread Empty LINO (not really, apparently) Story Planning Thread

Post by Zoprxki Mon May 06, 2013 1:27 pm

LINO/Lino - Lore In Name Only...though if we use this name it won't really be titled Lore in any way would it?

So, we'll be overhauling the world, hopefully a map can be authored by someone, and we'll be trying to describe towns and cities we make in as great a detail as we possibly can so we have consensus on what towns look like. When most of the story is done we'll flesh out plot and locations and magical artifacts/spells and such for the remainder of the year-planning.

Need:

- Plot(s), Villains, Heroes, important/famous people/quest givers/faction leaders/guilds, etc.
- General Settings/Regions/Climates/Continents
- "Unique" Weapons and Artifacts. I suggest a limit of one per character, if even that. Not everyone needs to have a super bad ass weapon, after all.
- Towns/Cities
- Important Locations
- Names of....everything.
- A character role/class thread for this story.
- Races and Cultural backgrounds for those races. (it worked for Lore: Reboot, after all, obviously cultural lore is where we define the Gods of the story and many other things related to culture, of course)
- How spells work, magical schools.
- Level of technology used by society, whether or not it is integrated with magic.
- Perhaps a better title that isn't over-compensating.

And probably much more is needed. I'll suggest stuff later and try and keep track of accepted ideas...

Roles/Classes:

Proxzki - Enchanter (support-mage, mind control and alteration/manipulation skills)
Arc - Paladin (tanky DPS/semi support healer)
Cholo - Adventurer (basically anything but less specialized as well)
Wiggles - Rogue (stealthy burst DPS)
Razor - Beastmaster (Ranger kinda thing, so his roles depends on what he has tamed at the time)

Last edited by Proxzki on Sun May 19, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

LINO (not really, apparently) Story Planning Thread Empty Re: LINO (not really, apparently) Story Planning Thread

Post by Arcus Mon May 06, 2013 2:52 pm

I think magic and technology should coincide and have progressed together. the level of technology is uncertain for me at the moment, but maybe magic could power a lot of machinery.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

LINO (not really, apparently) Story Planning Thread Empty Re: LINO (not really, apparently) Story Planning Thread

Post by Zoprxki Mon May 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Yeah, I like mixing magic and tech...I also think humans should NOT be the dominant race. Mix things up a little.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Mon May 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Well of course not. Maybe humans and elves and the half animal humans?
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Mon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Sure. We should try to have as many races as possible I think. A more varied world is always best. Though I think we'd have to make the world large and incredibly old if we have too many races. With greatly varying levels of technology.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Mon May 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Yeah. That would be interesting.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Mon May 06, 2013 11:01 pm

*knuckle crack*

okay, if you want me to make a map, it won't be a fancy one on a dry-erase board, because I only have one and I'm not erasing Evhenarra. It'll be on pencil&paper, def with some colored pencil in there. I'll do one continent or two, but a whole world is definitely going to take me a while.

As for technology, I know it's not my forte or favorite, but maybe steam punk? It could coincide with magic quite nicely (because let's face it, all that fancy junk can't all be powered by hot water.)

If we aren't going to make this heavily combat-oriented, we could have a bunch of trade-type things for classes and roles, such as blacksmith, or engineer, or airship pilot, or trader, and not just warrior, mage, rogue.

As for races, there are a plethora of different areas we could explore, but that depends on how furry, scaly, or abstract you want to go. On a spectrum of human to animal, the middle being obviously furry, I think it's best to go on one end or the other. Just straight talking animals are better than yiffing motherfuckers, imo. But, if you want to go fully original, I could use some of the races I thunk up for Massetiah, if you don't mind.

As for culture, I don't think Gods would be our only responsibility in that department. We could go for customs, traditions, taboos, clothing styles, all sorts of cool stuff.

as for characters, are we using same ol' Fierce Zera Jenghas, which I would personally detest, or are we going all new?
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Mon May 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Going all new, yes.

I was just using Gods as an example, wasn't clear it seems.

We can go for being as original as possible. That'd be fantastic.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Mon May 06, 2013 11:04 pm

All right then. Cool, cool.
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Mon May 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Okay. sounds good to me.

I guess I'll use this as practice for making my world.

ahem. Prepare for creation.
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Tue May 07, 2013 12:02 pm

So I suppose I'll work on the different schools of magic and submit them here. I'll relate them to Skyrim while also explaining them. I think in terms of magic, Skyrim hit the nail on the head, for the most part.

Magic isn't just for mages though. Melee fighters can find their uses for it as well as thieves. Though some may be less willing to utilize it than others.

Schools:

Manipulation(Alteration/Illusion) - Transformations of all kinds as well as illusions. Transformations include shape shifting as well as using magic to transmute things. Conjuration and manipulation tend to blend together, but there are extremes that define the schools to justify being separate.

Elemancy(Destruction) - A more DPS kind of school, all of its spells are meant for hurting others and manipulating the elements. Unlike Skyrim, these elements can be anything the world is made of, including mana or w/e we decide to use as a source of magic power.

Conjuration: Bringing things into reality. Whether they be entities of other dimensions or tools you need, this is a very useful school of magic. Obviously there are demonologists and necromancers, but there are also other applications for it. Like creating elementals... although creating elementals is only capable for those who merge this school with Manipulation.

I'd like to point out that these schools can be mixed and mingled to create sub-schools and such. This is all I have for now, but these schools are all rather broad. Maybe too broad. You guys can pass judgement on that.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Tue May 07, 2013 12:20 pm

I was thinking there could be some kind of button or object or sorts that could produce magic power and need to be electrically charged every so often?
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Razorshell Tue May 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Shapeshifting. could that be a school or sub school?
Razorshell
Razorshell
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Tue May 07, 2013 3:18 pm

It's part of the school of Manipulation, which manipulates the already-existing aspects of nature, including one's own form. It's in its description.

It's different from Elemancy because Elementalists can just convert mana or w/e into elemental energy, or they can manipulate the already-existing elements, which can sometimes cross over into manipulation.

As for magic being generated through technology, maybe. I think there would be towers throughout the world that power a network of magic across the world though. They could be a plot focus for a group of people who think magic is an unnatural abuse of nature or something.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Razorshell Tue May 07, 2013 3:25 pm

Oh that's good. Hmmm Maybe actually have druids as a class?
Razorshell
Razorshell
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Tue May 07, 2013 5:29 pm

well, Pork, you know we have to call those towers "pylons" now. We just have to :3
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Tue May 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Pylons?
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Tue May 07, 2013 6:19 pm

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS.
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Tue May 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Yeah, could totally call them pylons. Would be awesome. Could have their power source vary from area to area. Deep sea vents, heat/magma, steam, hydro-electric, etc.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Razorshell Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 pm

What about my druid class idea?
Razorshell
Razorshell
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Tue May 07, 2013 11:59 pm

A new idea.

There are 3 Domains of Combat, each having their own schools. Preferably the same number. This will allow for great variety in the classes, hopefully. This also has character planning function similarly to Elder Scrolls games. Merge the domains as you like, we'll ponder limitations later if they are necessary.

Magical - Which is all about bending reality, more or less. Doing the impossible by channeling magical energy through one's body/spirit/mind.

Martial - All about the martial arts/typical combat. Encompasses ranged weapons and close quarters combat with a variety of weapons, including your fists and such.

Technology - Folks use technology all the time, no reason not to use it for defending oneself. Encompasses alchemy(in the sense of chemistry), overlaps with the Martial domain often since sciences likely had a hand in making the bow and gun.

For the record, researchers/scientists work all the time not only on the obvious, but also making older weapons like swords and bows be able to be viable in combat against guns and other weapons we may consider "modern".

Depends on how far into technology we let this story go though. We should probably set a limitation at stuff resembling steam-punky stuff as I believe was suggested somewhere before. If you wanna do a typical class and wanna know the Domains encompassing the class, you can ask me in the chat, but I'd prefer it be here. I'll be working on a class list to cover the Lore classes if you guys wanna borrow from them.

EDIT: Would also like to suggest the presence of "true deities" whose presence is mostly unknown to the mortal realm aside from certain miracles which are used to direct the world down a certain path. These machinations are what lead the sentient races to imagine Gods. Know that the Deities would not refer to themselves as "Gods" but would say the term is something that mortals made-up themselves.

The true identity of the Deities could vary greatly. They could be aliens, only one or two may be aliens and others bestial like Egyptian Gods, others being spawned from the inter-connectivity of technology. Just examples. As in Skyrim, they could interact with the mortal realm by picking powerful individuals to carry out their will. These individuals would not be the sort to reveal the presence of the Gods either, which is why they are chosen so specifically by the Gods (I mean, wouldn't most people reveal the Gods if they uncovered a secret of the world and had proof?). In payment, the Gods would bear them an artifact that the Chosen(the enforcer of their will/hero) would be told only to wield when not in the presence of other Chosen, as other mortals would inquire and threaten the secrecy of the actual Deities. Shouldn't be too difficult of a request to fulfill since such weapons should only be used against dangerous foes such as dragons anyway. No where near civilization, usually.

When a Chosen is slain, the artifact is sent back into the Etherium, Realm of the Gods, rather than re-purposed by another Chosen or a passerby mortal. Chosen don't HAVE to be part of the main cast/party. But they could all be to make such artifacts easier to use. Or none of them. Would be cool to meet Chosen in combat though. See them draw their weapons in dire times such as war or town/city invasion.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Wed May 08, 2013 4:40 pm

or just that they draw energy/mana whatever in from whatever dimension it comes from
Zephyr
Zephyr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Wed May 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Yeah, could just have a God of Mana or whatever. Still, having technology that provided it would provide a nice baseline to start a backstory behind why natural mana isn't being used. Plus having buildings that produced mana would be pretty cool. A concept I haven't really heard of in magicky stories.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcus Wed May 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Well maybe truly gifted magicians could be able to channel natural magic?
Arcus
Arcus
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoprxki Thu May 09, 2013 7:07 am

Yeah, sounds right. Artificial mana would be less limited in usage and capabilities because it's optimized for everyday commoner life, while natural mana has access to a narrower scope of spells that are stronger and older a better-attuned for combat. Obviously artificial mana can be used for casting offensive magic, but natural magic will always be better for fighting.
Zoprxki
Zoprxki
Host
Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next